Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's been a while

So apparently keeping up on blogging has been harder than I thought.  These past few monoths have been filled with highs and lows.  To start off as most of you know my brother, Casey developed a heart condition that left his current heart looking like an 80 year old mans, so after a life flight up to University Hopsital a week on life support and endless scares Casey was discharged from the hospital only having to take about 5 pills a day.  3 or 4 weeks went by and Casey was back in the hospital once again in heart failure, pills can't cure him this time.  He was put on the National Heart Transplant list 2 weeks ago and until he can recieve his new heart he wears a life vest that is able to monitor his vitals and will shock him when his heart starts to give out.  I am so grateful to all those have continued to send prayers his way. 
this was taken the first few days.  Casey has high spirits and the doctors seem very hopeful.  He looks tons better now from what he did in this picture. 
It seemed there for a while our entire family was being hit with health issues.  I am happy to repot all are doing better and even happier to announce my cousin Steven went home yesterday.  He is such a strong guy and and amazing example to me.  He has finished his bone marrow transplant and is out of isolation and on a road to a full bill of health.  Modern technology and our faith in the Lord continues to amaze me and bring me to my knees in graditude.

No comments:

Post a Comment