Sunday, June 12, 2011

canyons...hikes...and nature

This was my first slot canyon experience.  Yes i was scared, but Andrew talked me through it the whole time and we made it through! I love the repelling part(when I was in a harness) of it not so much the trusting in your own legs and arms to hold you on the side of the canyon.  learned that the hard way!
In case you've never had the honor of seeing the most amazing man...here he is!
this was our first time on the lake together, it's the best thing to have a lake in our back yard!

This is another hike we did where you start at the top of the grand canyon and hike down, yes down to the river and back up.  It's pretty scary in some spots, but it was fun.  It showed me how out of shape i was, i was huffing and puffing by the time we made it back!

there was an old cable set up to help get you down thank goodness!
what goes down must go back up...

the beautiful Colorado River.


No comments:

Post a Comment